General

Thread posts

See all posts in this thread below.

• User
    • Published: 03-04-2014 08:24 am
    • http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Five_personality_traits

"In psychology, the Big Five personality traits are five broad domains or dimensions of personality that are used to describe human personality. The theory based on the Big Five factors is called the Five Factor Model (FFM).[1] The Big Five factors are openness, conscientiousness, extraversion, agreeableness, and neuroticism. Acronyms commonly used to refer to the five traits collectively are OCEAN, NEOAC, or CANOE. Beneath each factor, a cluster of correlated specific traits is found; for example, extraversion includes such related qualities as gregariousness, assertiveness, excitement seeking, warmth, activity, and positive emotions.[2]"
    • Neo likes this post.
    • Published: 05-22-2014 10:57 am
    • From my point of view, the big five personality traits measure static attributes related to personality, that is more or less believed to be always present.

Human personality is mainly a dynamic process, for example my degree of Openness, Conscientiousness, Extraversion, Agreeableness and Neuroticism depends on the context. I think it's much more valuable to find in what areas a specific individual exhibit more or less of these traits. Big Five only looks at a person in the context of self-reporting.

The only advantage the Big Five factors have is that it can be consistent on self-reporting tests but it really is inferior of most other models on all other aspects. I don't think my result on this test really say much about me.
  • User